Friday, October 9, 2015

Personal Vocabulary

Micah Bernal                                      Personal Discovery Vocab                                           Sept 22, 2015

Skills - a developed or acquired talent or ability.
I think one of my skills is playing guitar, because I don’t even remember learning how to play. All I did was go on YouTube and search guitar tutorials to learn certain songs and chords, also kuya Josh helped along the way as well, and now 2 years later I am playing for my church. Also, other people say I have skills in editing videos. I’ve only started this year, yet I have already made 3 videos for certain projects outside of school, it was a skill I never expected to have.

Interests – involvement with or participation in something.
Some of my interests I am not necessarily the best at, for example playing tennis. I really like the sport, but not in any professional way, it is just an activity I find fun and interesting. Writing is a huge interest I have, even though I am not the best and have met so many writer my age that are a lot more talented with words than myself, I still love it. I like English class, because all we do is write and it’s something I don’t find a burden like some kids do. I genuinely enjoy it.

Aptitudes - a natural ability, something that someone is able to do without extensive learning involved.
 It was hard to think of aptitudes I had, because everything I can I do well at, I had to work on a lot or a little bit. I think I have a natural ability in music, because if I didn’t I don’t think I would be in band to this day. Whether it is listening, playing, or writing music just comes to me naturally, like I don’t have to think. Also, a very random aptitude of mine is penny boarding. You’d be surprised as to how many people can’t do this. It was weird, because I got my penny board with no clue how to ride one, yet when I first tried it out, I just did it. No practice or anything it felt like I had been riding all my life. Also same goes for biking, nobody taught me how I fell a few times and somehow just started riding my bike.

Values - a standard or quality considered worthwhile or desirable/ beliefs of a personal or social group I which they have an emotional involvement.
As a Christian I have a lot of personal values that certain people need to have. Some values like honesty is a big one. Being independent and not relying on others all the time, being kind don’t bring other people down just to bring yourself up. Another aspect that is important in life is staying true to who you are. Even if I get teased about being Christian with all those judgmental stereotypes I think being proud of my faith is a huge value in people need to have.


Attitudes - a complex mental state involving beliefs, feelings and values affect how one acts a certain way.
Going back to my values I think being a Christian really affects my attitude. People say Christians are judgemental, but I think that because I am Christian it is harder for me to judge others, because I know the only being that has the power to judge anyone is God. I’d like to think that I am not selfish, I like giving back to certain causes and I want to try being a missionary, and go to other less fortunate countries and give back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment